This insightful program adjusts attitudes about power and politics, confronts naivety about organizational dynamics and provides political skills for building organizational impact with integrity.
Course Overview: The course uses case studies, dynamic presentations, discussions and practices to prevent you from being underestimated, having your ideas blocked, shrinking your visibility or losing out on promotions. Course pre-work includes an on-line Self Assessment. Program based on the best selling book, Survival of the Savvy.
- Detect and protect yourself frompotentially negative actions of overly political, power-oriented colleagues, bosses, or customers.
- Learn practical, non-manipulative strategies for entering the political arena while maintaining integrity.
- Learn two primary political power styles in organizations, what influences them, and how to avoid the dangers of adopting the extreme of either style
- Defuse any emotional upset you have about politics as a fact of organizational life, so that you will waste less time and energy.
- Put your handprint on your work, and develop a value statement about your job role in 30 seconds
- Recognize any tip-offs that you may be naive about the level of politics you face
- Learn how to present your ideas or challenge others’ ideas with appropriately firmvocabulary, and adjust your language according to the power dynamics of the situation.
- Detect, prevent, and manage deception since even top leaders are vulnerable to distorted information, misrepresentation, and manipulation that can scorch company resources and reputations
- Learn to recognize and handle sabotage in group situations by deftly managing resistance and challenges to your credibility or position