A one or two-day course designed for employees of all levels and uses the power of “highintegrity” politics to achieve career success, maximize your team’s impact, and protect your company’s reputation and bottom line.
Course Overview: This insightful program adjusts attitudes about power and politics, confronts naivety about organizational dynamics and provides political skills for building organizational impact with integrity. The course uses case studies, dynamic presentations, discussions and practices to prevent you from being underestimated, having your ideas blocked, shrinking your visibility or losing out on promotions. Course pre-work includes an on-line Self Assessment. Program based on the best selling book, Survival of the Savvy.
- Detect and protect yourself from potentially negative actions of overly political,
power-oriented colleagues, bosses, or customers.
- Learn practical, non-manipulative strategies for entering the political arena while
- Learn two primary political power styles in organizations, what influences them,
and how to avoid the dangers of adopting the extreme of either style.
- Defuse any emotional upset you have about politics as a fact of organizational
life, so that you will waste less time and energy.
- Recognize any tip-offs that you may be naive about the level of politics you face.
- Learn how to present your ideas or challenge others’ ideas with appropriately firm
vocabulary, and adjust your language according to the power dynamics of
- Detect, prevent, and manage deception since even top leaders are vulnerable to
distorted information, misrepresentation, and manipulation that can scorch
company resources and reputations (two day).
- Learn to recognize and handle sabotage in group situations by deftly managing
resistance and challenges to your credibility or position (two day, optional
in one day).